Obtaining a DS-2019 Form

In order to come to the University of Chicago as a Non-Degree Visiting Student, you must be admitted to a specific Division or School. Within that Division or School, the Dean of Students must approve your stay as a Non-Degree Visiting Student. It is essential, therefore, that you speak directly with your prospective department. The Office of International Affairs is not involved in this process.

Once you have been accepted by your department and Division or School, an administrator will submit a request for a DS-2019 form to the Office of International Affairs on your behalf. Be prepared to provide personal and financial information to the department so that the request can be submitted.

Once the Office of International Affairs has received a complete and approved request, a DS-2019 form can be issued. You will need this DS-2019 form to apply for your visa at the US Embassy or Consulate.