OIA broadcasts information to entire groups of individuals (such as international students, J-1 scholars, H-1B employees or administrators) through various communication channels.
To ensure you only receive relevant e-mails, we maintain several OIA mailing lists.
Overview of OIA Email Lists
- Mailing lists for F-1/J-1 Students
- Mailing lists for J-1 Scholars and H-1B Employees
- Mailing lists for Administrators working with international visitors
- Other/Mailing List for Executive Orders on Immigration
- International Students (Mandatory): regulatory updates and information for current F-1 & J-1 students.
- OIA Weekly Digest (Optional): "Under construction" starting in April.
- Non-Degree Visiting Students (NDVS) [Mandatory]: information for F-1 & J-1 NDVS.
- H-1B Employees (Mandatory): updates information for H-1B Employees.
- J-1 Scholars (Mandatory): updates and information specific to J-1 scholars.
- OIA Weekly Digest (Optional): "under construction" with more details to come!
- Admissions Administrators: for administrators who work with international student admissions, I-20/DS-2019 issuance, visa acquisition, and other relevant information. Sign up for the Admissions Administrator List
- Administrators working with F-1/J-1 Students: for information about upcoming trainings, important announcements, and regulatory updates. Sign-up for the OIA administrator list.
- Administrators working with H-1B & J-1 Scholars: for information about upcoming H-1B/J-1 Scholar administrator trainings, important announcements, and a quarterly newsletter. Sign up for the H-1B/J-1 Administrator List.
- Administrators working with NDVS students: for administrators who work directly with Non-Degree Visiting Students. Sign up for the NDVS Administrator list.
- Updates on Executive Orders on Immigration: subscribe for updates and guidance regarding ongoing changes in U.S. immigration policies and laws:
Visit the Executive Order List Homepage. Sign into the website with your CNET ID and password and subscribe to the list. You should see the word "subscribe" in maroon in the lower left section of the window. Click on subscribe. This does require a CNET ID.
- send an email to Updates_on_executive_orders_on_immigration@lists.uchicago.edu with only the word 'subscribe' in the subject line and send. No text is needed in the body of the email.