Filing H-1B Cases

Information for Attorneys Filing H-1B Cases for the University

The Office of International Affairs at the University of Chicago has certain processes in place to support the work of attorneys who process cases on behalf of the University. If you do not have a particular process in place with our office, please consider the information below. Please feel free to contact us to set up more streamlined procedures or to obtain additional information.

OIA provides the following support to attorneys filing H-1B cases on behalf of the University:

  • ETA Form 9035
  • Signature on Form G-28
  • Signature on Form I-129 and supplements
  • Signature on Form I-907
  • Form I-140
  • ETA Form 9089

All documents we receive for signature will be reviewed and follow-up communication with the attorney will be initiated where needed.

OIA does not provide the following:

  • Checks for fees - these are provided by the department
  • Documentation regarding the position, salary for the position or the beneficiary's employment history - these are provided by the department and the beneficiary, respectively

For the University's record-keeping purposes, a copy of the Receipt Notice for any case must be sent to our office. Please include the name of the beneficiary, application type, requested dates, and any other relavent information. Once an approval has been received, the entire Public Access File must be submitted to our office. Contact us for electronic submission. 

How to reach us: Documents such as forms I-129 can be mailed or sent via e-mail attachment to Our mailing address for direct mail:

Nick Seamons
Office of International Affairs
The University of Chicago
1427 East 60th Street, Suite 251
Chicago, IL 60637
Fax: 773.702.3058

Please contact us if you have questions.