J-1 Scholar Matters

J-1 Exchange Visitor (EV) Information

Please note: J-1 Exchange Visitors are international postdoctoral researchers, visiting scholars, visiting professors and other specialists (whose activities do not fall within the former categories) in the University in J-1 status.


  • Download and complete required J-1 Request Forms
  • Gather required support documentation
  • Submit to OIA via email, including the link to a shared file on Box

Information on hosting/hiring a J-1 Exchange Visitor:

Insurance and Benefits