OIA can mail documents through the following methods:
- Regular/standard mail. Item is sent through regular USPS mail free of charge. There is no tracking or estimated delivery time available. Overseas mail can take 2-6 weeks to arrive.
- Pre-paid express mail through eShipGlobal. You can pay to have items shipped to you via express mail through E-Ship Global. You create an account and pay for your selected shipping method. You will be able to track your package and receive it faster. Requesting express shipping is for the mailing portion of your application only and will not expedite the processing of your request.
Note: eShip Global is the only option available for express shipping. We are unable to accommodate labels made through personal FedEx/courier accounts or sending through other services.
Note: Requesting express shipping is for the mailing portion of your application only and will not expedite the processing of your request.
Please complete the following steps to create an express shipping label through E-Ship Global:
- Visit the eShipGlobal website (Best with Internet Explorer & Firefox).
Register/create an account. For this you will need:
- Email address (shipping information will be sent here)
- Mailing address
- Phone number (for delivery).
- Activate your account. After registering, you will receive an email within 30 minutes prompting you to activate your account . This is required for you to begin using the account. Once the activation process is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
Create the shipping label. Once your account is active, you must:
- Select "Receive a Package From Universities,"
- Select “Illinois” from the map of the United States
- Select “University of Chicago”
- Select “Office of International Affairs.”
- Enter your mailing address (U.S. or foreign), phone number and email address. A UCID is NOT required to submit your request. Please use uemsid-xxxx if you do not yet have your UCID.
- At the end of the screen, select “ship/quote.” You will receive a quote and have the option to choose your carrier – FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
- Select your method of payment (i.e. credit card or wire transfer). Please pay close attention to the information submitted on these screens, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents.
- Receive confirmation email from eShipGlobal. The final email you receive from eShipGlobal will be confirmation of your order. This email will provide you with detailed information about your shipment (i.e. payment amount, tracking number, mailing address, etc.). OIA will receive a copy of this email at the same time as you, so there is no need to forward us the information unless your adviser requests it.
- Track your package. OIA will send a confirmation email once your documents are shipped. You will be able to track your documents through the portal within 24-48 hours after your package is sent.
Problems, Issues, and Questions with Setting up Mailing?
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link in the site for step-by-step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail email@example.com. For all other inquiries related to your immigration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I selected regular mail and it's been a while. When will my documents arrive?
There is no estimated delivery timeframe available for documents shipped through standard airmail. The best general estimate we can provide is 1 to 5 weeks for delivery. If you’d like to change to express mail, we can typically re-print your documents and send via a pre-paid label. Contact your adviser for guidance in this case.
I have a personal FedEx or Courier account. Can I use that for express shipping?
No. The only way we can receive express shipping labels is through the eShipGlobal portal. We will not be able to accomodate personal courier requests or labels created through a private account.