OIA can mail documents through the following method:
- Pre-paid express mail through eShipGlobal. You can pay to have items shipped to you via express mail through E-Ship Global. You create an account and pay for your selected shipping method.
Please complete the following steps to create an express shipping label through E-Ship Global:
- Visit the eShipGlobal website (Best with Internet Explorer & Firefox).
Register/create an account. For this you will need:
- Email address (shipping information will be sent here)
- Mailing address
- Phone number (for delivery).
- Activate your account. After registering, you will receive an email within 30 minutes prompting you to activate your account .
Create the shipping label. Once your account is active, you must:
- Select "Receive a Package From Universities,"
- Select “Illinois” from the map of the United States
- Select “University of Chicago”
- Select “Office of International Affairs.”
- Enter your mailing address (U.S. or foreign), phone number and email address. A UCID is NOT required to submit your request. Please use uemsid-xxxx if you do not yet have your UCID.
- At the end of the screen, select “ship/quote.” You will receive a quote and have the option to choose your carrier – FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
- Select your method of payment (i.e. credit card or wire transfer).
- Receive confirmation email from eShipGlobal. The final email you receive from eShipGlobal will be confirmation of your order.
- Track your package. You will be able to track your documents through the portal within 24-48 hours after your package is sent.
Problems, Issues, and Questions with Setting up Mailing?
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link in the site for step-by-step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.