The Office of International Affairs will host a series of webinars from April - August 2023 dedicated to providing information and resources for incoming international students to the University of Chicago. Click below to register for future webinars or view webinars recently held.
|Thursday, April 20, 2023 08:00-09:15 AM CDT||I-20/DS-2019 Request Process, Visa Acquisition, and Travel Planning||Recording here|
|Thursday, May 18, 2023 08:00-09:15 AM CDT||SEVIS Transfer Information Session||Recording here|
|Thursday, June 15, 2023 08:00-09:15 AM CDT||U.S. Academic Culture & University of Chicago||Recording here|
|Friday, June 23, 2023 08:00-09:15 AM CDT||International Student Panel for Students in the College||Passed|
|Thursday, July 20, 2023 08:00-09:15 AM CDT||F-1/J-1 Student Visa Basics, Pre-Arrival Preparation & Reminders! (slides here)||Recording here|
|Thursday, August 17, 2023 08:00-09:15 AM CDT||Campus Resources, Student Wellness, and Safety & Security||Register here!|
- Student Immunization Requirements (webinar)
- Student Immunization Requirements FAQs
- University Student Health Insurance Plan (U-SHIP) General FAQs and Resources
- U-SHIP FAQs for International Students
- The College Orientation Website
University Bursar Webinars
For incoming international students to master's level programs, the below webinars have been scheduled to help you understand the billing and tuition payment process and more. Similar workshops are being held by the College and for incoming PhD students by their programs.
Student Account Services and Polices for International Students
Learn about Student Account Services (Billing, Emergency Assistance, Tax Information, etc.) and polices governing billing and payment of your Student Account.
|July 13, 2023 8-8:30am|
Student and Third-Party Billing
Learn about how you will be billed for your tuition and fees, electronic resources, and information for those who are sponsored.
|July 14, 2023 8-8:30am|
Payment Options & Payment Plans for International Students
Learn how you can remit payment through foreign currencies and how you can defer payment over the course of a quarter of enrollment.
|July 20, 2023 8-8:30am|
Living Expense Refund Management for International Students
Learn how to enroll in, manage and receive your living expense refund while enrolled.
|July 21, 2023 8-8:30am|
Pre-Arrival OIA Newsletters
- Pre-Arrival Newsletter - May 2023
- Pre-Arrival Newsletter - June 2023
- Pre-Arrival Newsletter - July 2023
Additional information and resources:
- Learn about the quarter system and important dates on the academic calendar.
- Learn more about our Center for Identity + Inclusion, which intentionally creates diverse and inclusive communities and fosters a campus environment that supports the exploration of varied identities and their intersections.
- Explore diversity on campus and resources for multicultural students at OMSA, or sign up for their newsletter.
- Check out the Office of LGBTQ Student Life, and discover why UChicago received a perfect 5 Star rating from the LGBT-Friendly Campus Climate Index.
- This convenient guide to Hyde Park serves as a great introduction to the neighborhood. Many students look for housing near transit, shopping, and other services
- You can also explore Chicago’s other communities – some popular neighborhoods for students include the South Loop, Wicker Park/Bucktown, and Lakeview.
- New to Chicago? Adjusting to life in a major urban center, or the U.S.? Take advantage of the information found on the Department of Safety & Security’s website. Even if you’re a city slicker, this contains helpful information on UChicago’s resources and safety systems.
- Moving to Chicago with kids? Resources on campus and around the city will make it fun for the whole family!